ASP.NET MVC has been making waves over the past 2 years within the ASP.NET community and quite rightly so with features such as promoting separation of concerns, strongly typed views and a great routing system but it doesn't stop there. ASP.NET MVC 2.0 is now publicly available and is also being shipped with Visual Studio 2010 but what new features have been brought to the table? What has changed? And most importantly, how will you be affected by upgrading from 1.0?
This session will bring you up to speed with all the information you need to know delivered through slides and more interestingly, live demos. Topics covered include (but not limited to)
- Model-Validator Providers
- Optional URL Parameters
- Template / HTML Helper improvements
- Additions and updates to MVC Attributes
- Visual Studio integration improvements
- Breaking changes from MVC 1.0
- To upgrade or not to upgrade (or simply, Advice)
In addition, this session will also look at planned features for ASP.NET MVC 3.0 which is already available as a preview release.